All tools have to check for the following usage scenario:
- segmentation on a 3D image
- 3D segmentation (static) on a 4D (dynamic) image
- 4D segmentation on a 4D image
What the segmentation should look like/how it is generated must be specified per tool. But for all tools the following post conditions should apply:
- Tools can be activated, used /confirmed.
- The timestep of the reference image stays the same and is not changed by starting the segmentation.
- Using the tool does not change the geometry of the segmentation (so 3D stays 3D and 4D segs are still 4D segs after the tool usage).