The newly introduced mechanism to automatically create new labels, give them a name and set a distinctive color needs to be improved.
Issues mentioned on the 2022.04 test day:
- ~~`Green + yellow can be hard to distinguish. Default color cycle could be better`~~
- ~~`Maybe continue the color cycle across layers so that we don’t have multiple yellow labels in the image and may not remember what layer they belong to?`~~
- resolved with 827c3bebc9dc!
- `The color only updates once I interact with the view (click, scroll). It does not update immediately :-(`
- `Color does not change immediately. Only after I draw a new mask, the color of all exiting masks with that label change.`
- A newly created label is automatically selected?
- Was mentioned in a checklist and should be checked, as this is relevant when it comes to using the label and observing the drawn mask color