>>! In D126#2692, @kislinsk wrote:
> I noticed that it's a bit hard to understand the overall concept when dive right into a review of the essential classes. Hence I would like to suggest you to write a concept documention page about the data storage viewers. Despite the very good class documentation you already wrote, concept pages in our documentation turned out to be the number one source for understanding concepts. It would fit perfectly into "Data Concepts" I guess: http://docs.mitk.org/2016.11/Concepts.html.
Its a good point. We should add pages that explain
- the reasoning for the new/improved (local) selection concept
- How to use it in own widgets (the currently available selections widgets)
- How to introduce own selection widgets/control structures (deriving from our abstract classes)
- the data storage inspectors and their jobs
- How to use custom inspectors the modify selections widgets (via NodeSelectionDialog and MicroServices)
- Preference settings for NodeSelectionDialog and how to preset how a custom application handles selections.
 filtering in model view selection connector
 fix and extend the selection_concept UML diagram
 explain QmitkDataStorageTreeInspector and QmitkDataStorageSimpleTreeModel
 explain selection widgets