.svg image files are used for many icons in MITK plugins. Since these svg files have big icon dimensions and using them causes memory allocation error.
One such plugin using .svg files is PointListwidget. On opening three or more plugins using PointlistWidget, warning messages spam the console (See below for screenshot) .. Here are the steps to reproduce it:
- Open Mitkworkbench
- Open IGT Tracking toolbox
- Open IGT Navigation Tool Calibration
- Open IGT Fiducial registration
- Open tracking Lab
Note: All these plugins have PointListWidget internally.
On analyzing the issue, it happens only in 32bit build because in 32bit the memory allocated for each process is only 2GB and it is not sufficient for these PoinlistWidget plugins.
There are two possible solutions suggested to this .
- Increasing the amount of memory available for a 32bit application. This can be done by modifying the header of application's binary. The link below explains this.
- Next suggestion is to edit the properties of svg file icon. Setting the width and height of icon to smaller size helps. The first answer in the link below suggest this.