UI rendering on HiDPI diplays (4k, 2,5k on small laptops etc.) is still sub-optimal. Qt has changed and probably improved a lot since we last checked with their options:
We should discuss if/how we revisit that task. With current hidpi monitors (e.g. our new notebooks), it realy starts to become a usibility issue in my regard.
here is an example from my notebook with a few issues:
- Welcome screen is very small and somehow off
- initial scaling off left sidebar is too small for the navigator view
- height of node selection widgets is to small and as a result the thumbnail is so small that it is rendered nearly useless
- icons in the list of labels are not scaled correctly (guess due to hard coded sizes).
- Icons of the tools are too small
remark: notably the icons of our toolbar upscaled correctly. So there our blueberry code seems to make something right/better.
remark 2: regarding a better/correct sizing in relation to the screen dpi this code snippet could be helpfull (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/60259134/how-to-set-fixed-icon-size-that-scales-with-hidpi-in-qt). Shows how to implement helper class that scales us given the QSize instance so that it is appropriate to the current screen dpi.