While working with invisible reference image and segmentation nodes I encountered the following:
- Open MITK and load an image.
- Open the Segmentation view.
- Select the loaded image in the Patient Image selector.
- Create a new segmentation node (Tools will be enabled).
- Hide the segmentation node. A warning appears (Tools will be disabled).
- Hide the reference image node
- Show the segmentation node. The warning disappears (Tools are still disabled)
- Show the reference image node (Tools are still disabled)
- Reinit either the reference image node or the segmentation node. The tools will be enabled.
- Hide the reference image node (Tools are still enabled)
I see step 7 and 8 as problematic: No clear instructions on what to do are given. Outcome of step 10 might be required, but at a first look it looks questionable (drawing without visible reference image).
Another similar problem:
Perform step 1 - 4.
- Add another image and create a segmentation node for it.
- Hide the first reference image and segmentation node.
- Change the patient image and segmentation selection to the first pair of nodes (the hidden ones). A warning appears (Tools will be disabled)
- Show the segmentation node again. Another warning appears (Tools are still disabled).
- Reinit the segmentation node, as the warning suggest (Tools are still disabled).
- Show the reference image node (Tools are still disabled).
Reinit in step 9 does basically not have any effect if the reference image node and the segmentation node are not both visible at the same time.