ITK offers https://itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1SLICImageFilter.html.
based on that filter we could realize a segmentation tool that offers superb pixel labelling.
Basic idea of the tool would be as follows:
- it is an interactive tool
- an activation it computes the super pixel map where the filter
- on mouse ckick (or mouse move with pushed mouse button (if it is a new super pixel id)) the super pixel ( each subpixel has its own pixel value) region at the click position will be transferred as active label.
- Only offer a 2D tool? Or also a 3D tool? (would the later make sense from a UX perspective?)
- Use of preview or direct manipulation?