Something like a joined version of the getting started pdf of the Qt3 application and the nice 3M3 introductory documentation. Caspar, could you do that?
- What is the desired way of delivery (pdf/wiki/html/all of them)
- Who is the target group (developers/end users/both/both but two different documents/both but only in the way the getting started does it)
- How many of the views should be described (Which can be expected in ExtApp?)?
That's it for now.
Views available in ExtApp:
- Image Navigator
- Property List
- Scene Serialization
- Surface Material Editor
- Volume Visualization
Currently there is no unified naming scheme regarding spaces in the view names. I will write the documentation using spaces. If no one objects I am going to change the names of the views accordingly in a week or two.
The available views depend on the build modules, the above is including all 3M3 modules and the image cropper.
F1 works for help files but shows all the 3M3 help files as well, including those of modules that are not part of ExtApp. Should I write the documentation assuming no help files at all, or will there be an appropriate help file system for ExtApp?
(In reply to comment #4)
The available views depend on the build modules, the above is including all 3M3
modules and the image cropper.
The ExtApp will contain all modules of the open-source mitk, the trunk/mitk subdirectory.
F1 works for help files but shows all the 3M3 help files as well, including
those of modules that are not part of ExtApp. Should I write the documentation
assuming no help files at all, or will there be an appropriate help file system
I guess these are some old help files from a 3M build ?! The help file system for the ExtApp should work like for 3M3, maybe a few 3m3 app modifications still have to get ported. If it's not working please file a bug and describe the problem.
I just downloaded mitk from svn2 and build it with the option "build all plugins".
Concerning the documentation:
- ExtApp - Missing, but can be copied and pasted from 3M3 Main App for the most part
And the views:
- BasicImageProcessing - 3M3 level documentation
- Datamanager - 3M3 level documentation
- DeformableRegistration - For some reason the documentation is inaccessible, but does have 3M3 level documentation
- IGT Example - Missing, lots of buttons
- Image Guided Therapy Tutorial - Missing, two buttons, what do they do, why even Tutorial?
- Image Navigator - Missing, but intuitive, needs only a couple of sentences
- Image Cropper - short manual, missing screenshots, typo
- IsoSurface - short manual
- Log View - Missing, self explanatory unless it can do anything but logging
- Measurement - 3M3 level documentation
- MovieMaker - short manual, outdated screenshot
- Object Browser - Missing, Debugging stuff
- PointBasedRegistration - 3M3 level documentation
- PointSet Interaction - 3M3 level documentation (looks like it, but layout needs to be adjusted [like Mainpage])
- Property List - Missing, but intuitive, needs only a couple of sentences
- RegionGrowing - stub
- RigidRegistration - 3M3 level documentation
- Scene Serialization - Missing, while its function should be rather obvious a couple of sentences and an example would be good
- Segmentation - 3M3 level documentation
- Simple Example - a lot of buttons and manual contains no information at all
- SimpleMeasurement - short manual, missing screenshot
- Surface Material Editor - Missing, but intuitive, needs only a couple of sentences
- ViewInitialization - Missing, confusing options
- Volume Visualization - 3M3 level documentation
- Volumetry - Missing, one or two paragraphs should be sufficient
As I just don't understand some or even all of the options/buttons of those views I would like those who wrote them (or worked on them and know how to use them) to either write the documentation or, as I know that some of you have little time, to get somebody to do so. If you are willing to explain to me how to use the view that somebody might even be me. Here is the list of people (I should have cced you with this post):
Hannes: Could you take on the IGT example?
Jochen: What does the Image Guided Therapy Tutorial do?
Sascha: Could you take care of the Object Browser?
Alex: Could you write something on the Simple Example?
Diana: You ported the ViewInitialization, didn't you?
Marco: If the Volumetry remains for the release, could you write a couple of sentences?
If I understood the bug correctly, this is about an end-user documentation. I would exclude the Object Browser from the documentation right now (it also shouldn't be included in an installable application). The view is only a debugging tool for berry::Object derived classes.
[SVN revision 21218]
DOC (#3241): Updated ImageCropper, IsoSurface, RegionGrowing UserManuals to the '3M3-HelpPage Format', but there was not much done on the documentation text itself yet
SceneSerialization is deprecated and should already have been deleted, thus it does not need a manual.
Image Statistics does not currently work for me, but the manual for that view will be written ASAP.