The custom multi widget editor should have cleanly defined responsibilities.
The main purpose is
- to combine several render window widgets in a certain layout
- to change the decoration of them (color, corner annotation text) according to the preferences
- to set options that affect all render window widgets (render windows)
The layout can be further moved to a layout handling class.
The decoration can be further moved to a decoration handling class.
The options that affect all render windows have to be further analyzed. They may affect:
- the type of mouse mode that is active (see PACS-like interaction)
- navigation synchronization across the render windows
- crosshair position (depending on the synchronization status)
- multi widget (editor) preferences