This task serves as a parent task for the whole scope of defining a new selection concept.
One can split the task into two different aspects:
- specifying an API for a common realization of different views on the data storage
- was done in T23749
- specifying a selection concept that uses slots and signals, selection bus events and node predicates on the data storage for local and global node-selection communication
- was done in T23752
A first draft for a concrete local selection concept was already proposed in T23296. This concept is based on a "Select Node"-Dialog.
Work to do:
- use the new mechanisms to provide a BlackSwan-specific selection concept
- already done in T23297, but without the new selection concept
- using the new mechanism: T24738 for a thumbnail-selection-widget
- use the new mechanisms to provide different widgets (data storage viewer) as a selection service based on microservices
- idea was already mentioned in T23296
- done in T24195
- add context / scope to identify the selection sender / meaning of the selection
- idea was already mentioned in T23837